Digital Citizenship Day!

Hey Guys, Ms. Martin here,

Last Friday, March 31, 2017, we celebrated our first Digital Citizenship Day.  Beginning last November 2016, kids in Grades K-7, learned important lessons and rules about being safe, responsible and respectful people when using digital devices Online.  The students recited the Student Digital Citizenship Pledge, received their certificate, and watched a school video about why Digital Citizenship is important.  Here’s a link to the video and to the Photo Gallery.

18 thoughts on “Digital Citizenship Day!

• Hi Helene. Digital Citizenship is about not bullying online. If your computer has the Internet and you go to a website, you are online. Be nice and don’t give out your private information.

See you later.

1. I think Digital Citizenship is important because if you go to a stranger you never tell your Name and last Name Digital citizenship is fun but you need to be nice to people if there being mean to you you need to be nice to them.

• Hi Adriana,
      You are so right, but we can’t make people be nice. Just remember what Michele Obama said “when they go low, you go high”.

Thank you for your reply. It’s great!

2. I went on the video about digital citizenship video and I agree with all kids that were in that video. I´m a digital citizenship in the computer. I never share anything that is privite to me, I just share personal things about me. I never cyberbully people online On digital citizenship day I did 2 papers of work about being a digital citizenship online. Im going to make a blog about digital citizenship

• Hi Aniyah, you are such a sweetie. But be a smart and strong sweetie pie! When people are rude on Roblox, report them to me or to another grown up.

See you later,
      Ms. Martin

• Digital citizenship is important because when someone can be mean to you online and someone can hurt your felling online and do not be mean to any body.

• Hi Serena,
        Sometimes people are mean, but do not let them hurt your feelings. You be smart and delete them right out of your world. Delete! Gone! Bye! Be happy with people who know you and love you.

• Serena,
        Remember Michele Obama’s words….”when they go low, we go high”. You have to be the better person.
        Ms. Martin