I Surrender to Minecraft!

I’m sure you’minecraftedure familiar with the adage “If you can’t beat ’em,  join ’em?”  Well, I’ve decided to join my students in the virtual world of Minecraft since that’s where they always want to go!
I joined MinecraftEdu – which is the Education Edition!  MinecraftEdu provides products and services that make it easy for educators to use Minecraft in the classroom.   Over  5,500 teachers in 40 countries have used MinecraftEdu to teach subjects from STEM to Language to History to Art.  They even host a library of free lessons and activities.

Kind of hard to believe, right?  but I’ll see.   This will be my challenge in the coming months – my assignment.   If you’re curious about MinecraftEdu too here’s the website  https://minecraftedu.com/about.   Wish me luck  – and let me know what you think.  Is it a Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

Thumbs Up?  Great! Join my Google Classroom and peek at the tutorials they offer for beginners  – qg34rv.

Ms. Martin here signing out.  : )

18 thoughts on “I Surrender to Minecraft!

1. I like the idea of a customized version of Minecraft, especially since it deals with school. I look forward to getting some hands-on experience with it.

2. This will be so interesting, Ms. Martin! We all love Minecraft, you love education, and MinecraftEdu is the combination of them both, so students and teachers love it!

3. Mrs. Martin, I can`t wait to use this new Minecraft. And it`s funny that we are the teachers now for you but don`t worry, we will teach you. I`m so excited to use Minecraftedu.

4. This app sounds good because Minecraft is my favorite game.So I think MinecraftEdu is like Minecraft with virtual worlds, crafting, learning, and adventure.

• OMG, Michael. I taught you the Internet in Kindergarten (2 years ago) now you’re teaching me the virtual world of Minecraft. Pretty soon you’ll be with the FBI fighting cyberspace crimes and terrorists! You’re awesome!